Show Me the Way


Today it was (already) difficult to get into my studio and get a completed work done. How will I ever keep it up for the whole month!? But I do love the process, so I will keep at it if I can. 

6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on hand-made, prepared wood panel
Ready to frame

After a lot of thought, I chose to paint with red (which I don't use a lot) and with a composition that is very heavy in one area, overhanging the smaller focus where more and different things are happening. Having told you that, I want the painting to speak with its own voice today, and you to try to hear what it is saying. I hope you find that fun, and that it makes the painting your own, in some sense!

I think this little painting is another one that would look good as a huge painting. Maybe I will work on that at some point, though smaller paintings are needed in order to finish them in a single day.

My Bible reading today took me back to 1 Peter. There is SO MUCH packed in those first chapters, and I feel like I have not been able to hear it all or take in what I need, so I may be back there again tomorrow! Here is a verse that is helping to direct my steps these days. 

1 Peter 1:13 Therefore, with your minds ready for action, be serious and set your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 

Comments