Let Me Catch My Breath

Let Me Catch My Breath
As an introverted person, there are times when I just want to hide away to restore equilibrium, so to speak. I have often mentioned my time in my chair, reading my Bible and spending time in prayer, and that is my most cherished place for this renewal on a daily basis. But when I travel or life happenings interrupt my normal rhythms, there is a felt need to find that 'place' away from my chair. 

6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on Art Bite panel
Ready to frame

I have told you recently that I am visiting my dear mother, and my daughter is with me! Each morning, I have been posting from my motel before I walk to see them for the day. This morning is the third morning in this motel, and this routine, and it is beginning to have the feeling of rhythm. I have been able to seek the face of my Father in Heaven, and really, He holds the renewal I need. So though I feel awkward seeking Him outside of "my place", I am so glad He provides anyway. 

This painting to me feels like a place to hide away from the heat and dangers for a little while and be renewed. It reminds me of the first phrase of 
Psalm 23:3  He restoreth my soul...

Today I also appreciated Psalm 23 from the Message version of the Bible.
A David Psalm
23 1-3 God, my shepherd!
    I don’t need a thing.
You have bedded me down in lush meadows,
    you find me quiet pools to drink from.
True to your word,
    you let me catch my breath
    and send me in the right direction.

Comments