No Tears in Heaven


 No Tears in Heaven. I woke up with this old country style song on my mind. (Click the link to hear a choral version of the song.) This painting reminds me of a dear friend who is now in Heaven, and it is a celebration of no more tears!

SOLD
6" x 5.875"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame (fits in most 6" x 6" frames)

Over the weekend, we learned of the sudden, unexpected death of a friend of ours. Sara was half of the couple that my Beloved Husband and I used to hang out with before kids. We would head to their farm after work, and my BH would go straight to the barn and I went to the house, and we would be with these friends until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. Oh the stories we could (and do) tell of our time together! 

When I first met her, Sara loved to sing. Several years ago, Sara had a stroke, shocking everyone! After long and very difficult recovery, she found she could no longer sing. I believe that was very difficult for her. Yesterday in church, during our singing, all of a sudden I realized that Sara can sing again now, face to face with Jesus Who loves her so much. I had to leave the service because of my tears. My tears are not for Sara, of course, but for us -  for her husband and son and family and friends who will miss her. 

This painting reminds me of jewels or gemstones, and I cannot say whether they are rising or falling. But it also reminds me of tears. Sadness, yes, but ultimately something precious... beautiful, because of the presence of the One Who loves us so much. Several verses from the Bible came to mind with this painting. 

Psalm 116:15 "Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His godly ones."

Isaiah 25:8a "He will swallow up death for all time, and the Lord God will wipe tears away from all faces,"

Revelation 21:4 "and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”

Comments