Mesmerizing

Mesmerizing
Mesmerizing is related to the work I released yesterday. They share a similar technique that I have been practicing, and a similar composition that is heavily influenced by curves or circles. Also, the creative idea is almost the same for both. This painting alludes to the shadows on our shed wall yesterday. As I was watching last evening, the setting sun was casting its beams through the leaves of the trees lining our driveway and onto the shed wall (which is now receiving full sun). There were overlapping, moving bright circles and it was difficult to turn my eyes away from the sight. 

11" x 14"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

I have been noticing again lately how it seems clear to me that the beauties and mysteries of creation point to the Creator. For example, on every tree there are thousands of leaves, all shaped the same, but not all identical. In fact, it seems that no two of them are identical. They have tiny variations in shape or size or color. Who is creative enough to do that with one tree, let alone a whole world full of trees! And how about the sounds water makes? First, isn't it amazing that water makes sound in the first place? And it is different when there are huge waves or tumbling spring streams or drips from a faucet. 


There are a couple of verses from the New Testament that come to my mind. (If it were from any other literature, we would call it quotes instead of verses.)

First, this verse from Romans 1 is in the middle of a section talking about how humanity "knows better", and uses creation as evidence. Though the context is dark, I like the light cast through onto the wall of my mind with this reminder that creation speaks of Him. 
Romans 1:20 For His invisible attributes, that is, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen since the creation of the world, being understood through what He has made. As a result, people are without excuse.

Also, a long time favorite for me from James is like a picture in my mind. I see every good gift coming down like the mesmerizing, shimmering circles on my shed wall. 
James 1:17 Every generous act and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights; with Him there is no variation or shadow cast by turning. 

Comments