New Every Morning #43

My mother-in-law raised the most gorgeous, aromatic old-fashioned roses I have ever seen. Or smelled. They were fabulous. And many years ago she gave me some starts from her bushes, so I have some growing in my back yard. There are many flowers I love, but these - surely these must be my favorite! Sadly, I cannot ever seem to keep mine as healthy as hers always were. She has a green thumb, and I, well, I paint. 

This weird year has brought about the best crop of roses I have ever had! My bush is burgeoning, and I have been loving it, but today, storms are blowing in. Even as we speak, the wind is starting to beat them up. I just find this so sad. This beauty is short-lived enough without being damaged by storms. 

6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on Art Bite panel
Ready to frame

I have heard many people say that 2020 started out as "the best year we have had" in business or other ventures, but then the storms blew in. We have had wild winds and damaging hail in this year's events, and the storm system isn't past yet. As I watch my rose bush while I type, I am reminded of the beautiful start to this year, and how it seems that the beauty  of 2020 is short-lived enough without being damaged by storms. 

But I brought in a bigger bunch of roses than ever before this morning, before the wind picked up, and the beauty and fragrance is preserved in my vase. And my loving heavenly Father knew what was in store for us at the beginning of this year, and He has preserved beauty and grace for us in His presence. That is why I painted today's New Every Morning series painting, with pink reminders of my roses. 

Lamentations 3:22-23 (Amplified Bible)
It is because of the Lord’s lovingkindnesses that we are not consumed,
Because His [tender] compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
Great and beyond measure is Your faithfulness.

Comments