Joy Comes in the Morning

As I worked on this painting today, I kept hearing "Joy comes in the morning..." in my spirit. Joy comes in the morning. Oh my, how desperately we need that! 


9" x 12"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on cradled panel

Click here to purchase via my website.

I looked up the passage in the Old Testament where this phrase occurs, and found Psalm 30. This whole chapter is very apt for my mind to chew on today. The particular verse where the phrase appears is 
Psalm 30:5b "...Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Or as I saw in another translation, "Weeping may endure for a night, But a shout of joy comes in the morning."

As a nation, and as a global population, we need healing and peace. I need healing and peace. I need GOD to change and heal my own heart. When my heart is right, my interactions with others are right. When we all treat each other well, our nation and culture can be healed. Only through Jesus, the Great Physician and Prince of Peace can we find a cure. Oh, I want a shout of joy in the morning!



I am considering trying to do another 30 paintings in 30 days type challenge this month. I know what a benefit they have been to me in the past, and I would enjoy the boost in my skill and confidence levels that tend to come about during these challenges. And, maybe it will allow me give others something to look forward to that will be an encouragement.  I guess by this time next week, you will know whether I have started that or not!

Comments