Reflections; Proverbs 27 painting

Reflections
I am guessing that almost everyone who paints has a painting that is entitled 'Reflections'. I do not like to be trite, in any respect, in what I paint or communicate, so why on earth would I choose this for a title? Or paint a heart shape, for that matter?

(Although it is difficult to see, this painting is very heavily textured, and has a lot of color variation in it. I tried to make the color feel like part of the texture.)

The word reflection can carry so many meanings. From the relatively mundanely picturesque, to the concept of thought, to the idea of revealing the otherwise unnoticed, to the reverse image of what one sees as reality... These considerations have been splashing around in my mind this morning. (See what I did there? ;) )

I hope that someone may wonder why a painting of a heart would be called 'Reflections', since that word often refers to landscape paintings... and want to consider the meaning of the passage that is the prompt for today's project. 

Proverbs 27:19 As in water face reflects face, so the heart of man reflects the man.


11" x 14" acrylic on panel

Leave comment or contact me directly to purchase.

By the way, here is where you can see other artwork from this 30 day challenge.  http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.com/

Comments