Day 13 - Guard and Preserve

Guard and Preserve
As I consider the passage each day in order to decide what and how to paint, I am finding repeated ideas in the chapters that I hadn't noticed before. Today I observed and began to think about the concept of guarding. I thought about ancient warriors, and I recognized that in these verses, one case is guarding from what is within, and one from what is without. 

SPOILER ALERT: I don't want to give too much away, but before painting, I studied pictures of ancient helmets from 600 B.C. 


Proverbs 13:3, 6 (NASB) 3 The one who guards his mouth preserves his life;The one who opens wide his lips comes to ruin. 
6 Righteousness guards the one whose way is blameless, but wickedness subverts the sinner.

11" x 14" acrylic on panel

Leave comment or contact me directly to purchase.

Comments