Day 7; Her House

Her House
Today I am trying something new - and isn't that kind of what a challenge like this is best for? And I have paint all over me! (I gotta say, it is my badge of courage... I love having to work at getting the paint off!)

I chose to work with an orange under-painting as I so often see other artists do. I wanted to see how it affects my paint and my concept. 

I wanted to work with (almost) complementary colors, and flat shapes that almost make sense. I used the rounded shape as part of my expression of the focal point. I also gave slight shading and shape to that part of the painting in an effort to make it stand out a little more. 

This painting comes from mulling over Proverbs 7.  It is another passage that was tough to paint from; I chose to work from verses 7-9 and 27. 

Proverbs 7:7 (AMP) "And among the simple (empty-headed and emptyhearted) ones, I perceived among the youths a young man void of good sense, 8 Sauntering through the street near the [loose woman’s] corner; and he went the way to her house 9 In the twilight, in the evening; night black and dense was falling [over the young man’s life].

27 Her house is the way to Sheol (Hades, the place of the dead), going down to the chambers of death."


11" x 14" acrylic on panel

Leave comment or contact me directly to purchase.

Comments