Day 8 - a bit late! Gold and Silver

Gold and Silver
"Gold and Silver" from Proverbs 8 is the painting I completed for the 8th day of the September painting challenge. Once again, I am a day late posting, but once again, I have chosen to put more important things above my painting! :) As much as I love painting and being in the studio, I love my God, my family time, and our friends more! So, Sundays may be tough... and making up the paintings just keeps me in the studio more on Monday. Works for me! 


I used mostly iridescent colors in this painting to express the value of wisdom being much more than that of money. I chose to use gold, silver, and also copper, and am suggesting coins by using circles. 

Proverbs 8:10 Take my instruction instead of silver,
    and knowledge rather than choice gold,
11 for wisdom is better than jewels,
    and all that you may desire cannot compare with her.

18 Riches and honor are with me,
    enduring wealth and righteousness.
19 My fruit is better than gold, even fine gold,
    and my yield than choice silver. (ESV)

11" x 14" acrylic on panel

Leave comment or contact me directly to purchase.

Comments