Challenge painting for Day 5; Honey, Oil and Wormwood

Honey, Oil and Wormwood
Day 5 is under my belt! I plan to try to upload Day 4 if I can get to it before the day closes, because I really want to keep up with this challenge, and with this series!

The influence for this work is from Proverbs 5:3-4. (AMP)

"For the lips of a loose woman drip honey as a honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil;

But in the end she is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a two-edged and devouring sword."


I really did NOT want to paint this painting. I mean, I was excited to get back to the challenge today, after yesterday was dedicated to something way more important (visiting my daughter at her university), but this particular chapter was a tough one to paint from! Still, I want to stay with my plan, and the meaning in this passage of Scripture is very significant. So... here it is. My representation of Proverbs 5:3-4. (Whew!)

11" x 14" acrylic on panel, framed

Contact me to purchase

Comments