The Heavens Declare

The Heavens Declare
Day 18 of the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge - it just doesn't seem like it can have been that long already. I feel like I am just getting underway! 

12" x 12"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

Click here to purchase from my website. 

On this painting, I finally got my chance to use one of Golden's new colors for this year, Cobalt Teal. I guess it is technically re-released, but I was not familiar with it before now. I find that I love that it is a transparent color! Transparent paints are my favorites, because I love the way they mix with other colors, and one can always mix with black or white if she needs an opaque color. 

There is also a variety of textures and a sprinkling of natural mica flakes on this work. The complexities and colors (again... tough to see in this photo!) are things that make me love this painting. Here is a Bible passage that comes to mind with this one:

Psalm 19:1 - 4 (HCSB)
The heavens declare the glory of God,
and the sky proclaims the work of His hands.
Day after day they pour out speech;
night after night they communicate knowledge.
There is no speech; there are no words;
their voice is not heard.
Their message has gone out to all the earth,
and their words to the ends of the world.

Comments