Beloved

Beloved
What a full and crazy week this has been already! It has been very good, but very busy. Somehow or other, September - when I am participating in the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge - is always a little crazy. 

SOLD
6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on hand-made, prepared wood panel
Ready to frame

Click here to view on my website.

September is also a very special month to me for other reasons. For one thing, my daughter was born in September, and this weekend, we will be celebrating with her! I am so looking forward to seeing her! Also, September is the month my Dad was born - September 19th as a matter of fact.  

Dad died 18 years ago. When he was in the hospital, on the way to a no-big-deal test, he looked up at his nurse and said, "Tell my wife I love her." He did that twice, as we later found out; Dad died during that procedure. None of us ever had the slightest doubt about whether Dad loved Mom, and it is precious to us that he left her that message as he passed into eternity. 

I have recently spent some time reading the New Testament book of 1 John, which is very short, and talks a lot about loving each other. This topic has been on my mind lately, so I am studying what GOD has to say about it! So this little painting reminds me of my parents, and also of the great love of my Heavenly Father. 

1 John 4:7-11 (HCSB) Dear friends, let us love one another, because love is from God, and everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. The one who does not love does not know God, because God is love. God’s love was revealed among us in this way: God sent His One and Only Son into the world so that we might live through Him. Love consists in this: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Dear friends, if God loved us in this way, we also must love one another.

Comments

Post a Comment