Scent of Autumn Lilacs

Scent of Autumn Lilacs
"Close your eyes and smell this," I said to my Beloved Husband, "and now open your eyes. Doesn't this look like what you smelled?" I have to admit, he didn't quite find the same inspiration that I found in this little painting. In my opinion, it is a great representation of the scent of the lilac blossoms that I picked off my bush just a couple of days ago! I didn't realize that lilacs would ever have a stray autumn bloom, but oh boy, I have been enjoying this one! 

Sold
6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

Click here to view on my website.

This gift of a late lilac blossom reminds me of a verse that was one of my favorites when I was in college. Actually, I think it is still a favorite, now that I think about it!
James 1:17 (HCSB) "Every generous act and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights; with Him there is no variation or shadow cast by turning."

Comments