Cadmium Triptych - B

Cadmium Triptych - B
Today I spent quite a bit of time in the car, and as I often do when I travel, I listened to podcasts. One of the things I listened to got me to thinking about how I would define success for myself as an artist. It is a question that is a familiar one to me, since I am well aware that success looks different to different people. For example, when I returned from the Makoto Fujimura workshop and retreat that I attended, I thought about how probably everyone would consider him to be a successful artist, but I would not want to walk his path. 

6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on hand-made, prepared wood panel
Ready to frame

Click here to purchase from my website, or to see the entire triptych. 

My driving time today came unexpectedly - one more chapter in a busy story set in the month of September. As I drove toward home this evening, I reflected that for me, part of being a success would have to be defined as being able to be available to loved ones at almost a moment's notice. I am coming to the realization that this very important part of success might rule out other definitions of the word, and I think I am happy with that. 

So, it is with a renewed sense of satisfaction that I post this second part of the triptych that I painted ahead of time for this daily painting challenge. I am thankful for both the challenge that encourages me to spend the time improving my craft and sharing my work, and for the freedom to change direction at the "hoo-hoo" of a text tone. 

Comments