Even There

Even There
It is a good thing I have been working ahead for this 30 in 30 challenge! It just seems like I am really struggling to keep up with things. On top of that, the painting I have been working on just won't be done, so I will have to use one of my 'reserve' paintings. As it turns out, though, it is a perfect fit for today.  

This morning was a rough one for me, and when it came time for my quiet time of reading my Bible, the passage I came to was Psalm 23. I was not looking forward to reading that chapter because it is so familiar. How could there be any spiritual help or encouragement in such a well-known passage? Well, I should know better than to question! As always, God's timing was absolutely "on point". I found much to think about, to remember all day, and to encourage me. 

SOLD
11" x 14"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

Click here to view on my website. 

This particular work was finished a couple of days ago when I was thinking of a friend who recently lost a loved one to suicide. I was thinking of how, as a survivor of such a tragedy, she is at the bottom of a pit and things are fearsome and dark. I am sure that there is sharp pain all around, like thorns and thistles around a sheep who is seeking pasture. These are things that I was expressing in this painting even before my day came to read Psalm 23. As I pray for her, I am so thankful that even there, our Heavenly Father is with her. And with me. 

Psalm 23:4 (Amp) Even though I walk through the *[sunless] valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort and console me.
        *valley of deep darkness

Psalm 139:9-12 (HCSB) If I live at the eastern horizon
or settle at the western limits,
even there Your hand will lead me;
Your right hand will hold on to me.
If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me,
and the light around me will be night”—
even the darkness is not dark to You.
The night shines like the day;
darkness and light are alike to You.

Comments