Quiet 1.2

Quiet 1.2
When I was working on my 'progressive painting', I really enjoyed the freedom and direction I experienced. One of the things that makes acrylic my favorite medium is that it is quick, and easy to fix mistakes. I love that I can paint over almost anything and fix or change it. And that flexibility was even more pronounced with the progressive painting than it is normally. The painting changed very quickly, and changed drastically

With that in mind, I reworked the painting I posted last week, and I may continue to rework it until someone wants it, or until I just love it so much I can't imagine changing it again. I am liking the idea of upcycling my painting into something new each time I redo it. 

Though the color in the photo is not accurate, the feel of the painting is represented pretty well in this photo. I have been working from different color wheels for my color plan, using a few different composition ideas, and discovering shape, line, and value from favorite works of art that I can incorporate into my work on this piece. But mostly, I have been reacting to what is already on the paint surface, and accenting and changing things as I go. It has been fun and challenging. 


11" x 14"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper

Ready to frame

During the last day and a half, I have also been reworking a "color plan" of daily activities and obligations, a "composition" of focus, and "discoveries" of time and direction with my Heavenly Father. It has been most needed after the busyness and bustle of the holiday season. It has been fun and challenging. A verse from the Bible that is refreshing me, fixing mistakes, and covering and changing me is 

Philippians 4:7 "And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Comments