You might be an artist if #8

Beauty II
"Did you call me on purpose?" she said. "Yes. Yes I did." I am afraid that the question is a fair one, since I, not uncommonly, have video called people with my phone. By accident. I might not be the most savvy person with my phone, but I am not afraid to try to make it do what I want it to do, which occasionally causes accidental video calls and so on. (insert eye roll here) 

Beauty II, painted in 2015
(original post here)

22" x 30"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper


This afternoon I was looking for a particular photo on my phone - and believe me, I have a LOT of photos on my phone - and I noticed something that made me smile. I have some of the oddest photos! Do you have odd photos on your phone too? I would guess so, because you might be an artist if you are distracted and entranced by (and have photos of) miscellaneous shapes, textures and colors. I made a collage of just a few of the surprising photos on my phone. Can you recognize all of the things I have captured? 

The painting, Beauty II, is an expression of shape and texture that reminds me of warmth and sunshine. And Africa, if I am absolutely honest! :) One of my special friends tells me that it reminds her of a beautiful scene she witnessed when rock climbing when the sun broke through the clouds. Doesn't that spur your imagination? It sure does mine!


Comments