You might be an artist if #9

Collage of paintings, Boardwalk 1 & Boardwalk 2 (cropped)
"I know you're painting, but if you want to go for a walk, this is the time to do it," said my Beloved Husband. It was late afternoon on Saturday (I think) and the weather was warmer and dryer than it usually is this time of year. It was great choice to go for a walk at one of my favorite places around here - the boardwalk that goes through a wetland and past a local lake. Lots of other people seemed to have the same great idea! 


Boardwalk 1
Boardwalk 1, painted in 2014 

11" x 14"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

The time was well spent, walking with my Love in the fresh air and sunshine. But, of course, my studio time is valuable to me too! Although, I am not sure whether it is quite right to call it "studio time", because 









Boardwalk 2









Boardwalk 2, painted in 2014 

11" x 14"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame


These two paintings from 2014 were painted after walking on the same boardwalk that my husband and I visited recently. As I mentioned in the original posts about these works, I am so taken by the shapes and textures there, no matter what the season might be. And actually, walking and being outside is another time when the hours and minutes seem to disappear, and time passes at a different speed than I am used to. 

I am reminded of the many times in the New Testament when Jesus would go to uninhabited places to be with His Father. I wonder whether time seemed to disappear for Him when He was there. And someday, I will be in His presence for eternity, and then time really will disappear! Oh, I can hardly wait. 


Luke 5:16 (NASB) "But Jesus Himself would often slip away to the wilderness and pray."

Comments