You might be an artist #7

Could I Have This Dance?
"Have you purchased your tickets yet to see the Fort Wayne Philharmonic on Thursday, January 25th? The theme will be Cinema favorites. Come enjoy music from classic movies like Superman, Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, Mission Impossible and many more..." This is the tantalizing Facebook post that caught my attention last week, and I was excited make plans for a date night with my Beloved Husband at the concert. I love the Philharmonic, and I love soundtrack music. I am really looking forward to tonight's concert.


Could I Have This Dance? painted in 2017
(original post here)
12" x 9"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on canvas panel


Quite a few years ago, my family and I were in the process of building a coffee shop from the ground floor up. We had a specific feel in mind that we wanted to convey, from the quality of our coffee to the decor of the shop. One day, a friend was helping paint as I was drudging my way through mountains of paperwork in the process of starting the new business. As we worked, we listened to my iPod over our sound system. At one point, she came into the room laughing because of the surprising mix of music coming through the speakers! (It was a great break for both of us!)

I love so many different styles of music, from metal to bluegrass, from singer/songwriter to romantic classical. And you might be an artist if you have wide tastes in music and the arts, too


Could I Have This Dance? was painted last year, and was also inspired by music - pop music from the 1980s! Do you have a favorite era for pop music? 

Psalm 96:1-3
"Sing a new song to the Lord;
sing to the Lord, all the earth.
Sing to Yahweh, praise His name;
proclaim His salvation from day to day.
Declare His glory among the nations,
His wonderful works among all peoples."

Comments