You might be an artist if #4

Torn in Two
"I love that painting," she said, "because I love that part of the New Testament story." Whenever my kids say that one of my paintings is special to them, you better believe I take note! For one thing, it really means a lot to me if something that speaks to me is also meaningful to them. Also, I would LOVE to be able to give them the paintings that they love. Up to this point, I have given very few of my paintings away, but my kids, well, they could probably have any painting they wanted of mine! 


Torn in Two, (original post here)
painted in 2016

SOLD
22" x 30"
Painted with acrylic heavy-body paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper mounted on on hand-made, prepared cradled wood panel; edges painted in a shimmery gray/black Micaceous Iron Oxide
Ready to hang

There is also another reason that I take note if my family particularly loves something that I have painted. And it is probably true for you, too, if you are an artist! Because you might be an artist if you have no spare wall space in your home! My walls are full of my paintings, my collection of paintings from other artists, and a space to evaluate work to decide if it is finished, and to organize for exhibits. My Beloved Husband says he loves having so much artwork hanging (and stacked, if the truth be known) in our house, I am thankful to say

Painting based on Hebrews 9

I wonder, fellow artists, are your walls full of art, too?

Comments

  1. Yes, Art Full! My husband and I both paint so there is some competition for art space. I have taken over a spare bedroom for all my stuff but his pastels are relegated to the lanai where the dust won't settle in the house. We are stacked; do sell a few during the year and our kids have all the art they want. A blessing and a curse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What fun, that both of you paint! My husband is not one to paint, but he helps me frame, show, and all else that is involved with my 'job'. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment