Progressive #4

Progressive #4
After what has felt like a whirlwind week, I am slowing down just a bit today, and I plan to enter this painting, Progressive #4, in a local show and contest at Lakeland Art Association. If you have been following me on my blog, then you know that I have tried a new idea lately with this painting. I started here and am at least pausing the progress today because I like the painting at this point. 

NLA
12" x 12"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on deep gallery-wrapped canvas

Ready to hang

Click here to view or purchase on my website.

One thing that I am loving about this painting as it progresses is the way that each step, each stage of the painting, leaves a permanent mark on the final work of art. It may not be very large or noticeable, or it may be glaring, but it is still a part of the complete picture. I love how this is a representation of life, in a sense. I think about how each of us is a work in progress, and how each choice, circumstance, and conviction in us makes a change in us. I am strongly reminded of these verses from the New Testament.

1 Corinthians 1:4-9 (NASB) "I thank my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given you in Christ Jesus, that in everything you were enriched in Him, in all speech and all knowledge, even as the testimony concerning Christ was confirmed in you, so that you are not lacking in any gift, awaiting eagerly the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will also confirm you to the end, blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Philippians 1:6 (NASB) For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:28-30 (NASB) And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.

Can you see the continuity that I am seeing? I love the idea that everything in this life is used by my Creator Who loves me to shape me to be blameless and just right. I will be like Jesus. Wow. I can hardly wait! 

*BoldBrush Painting Competition Fav15% awards
*Fort Wayne Artist Guild Ventures Competition 2019, award
*Clark Gallery Themed Art Competition 2020, award

Comments

Post a Comment