You might be an artist #6

Offering
In an interesting book I have been reading, I found this quote. "The mystery of God is not a mystery to be solved through human ingenuity; it is a panoramic vista of indescribable beauty that reveals our own smallness and frailty." Introverts in the Church, by Adam McHugh, p. 173

"We want to hear God's voice, which comes to us more often in whispers than in triumphant shouts." McHugh, p. 191 

Reading books that make me think is one of the things I love to do, but I often struggle to find the time for it - as I am sure many people do! I find, too, that if I am interrupted mid- sentence, or even mid-chapter, I pretty much have to go back and start again to pick up the thread of meaning and be able to absorb the concepts. According to this author, introverts may have more difficulty continuing after interruptions because of the different way they process information. McHugh p. 38 And this really resonates with me, because I am quite introverted. Maybe it resonates with you too, because you might be an artist if you are an introvert

Offering, painted in 2016 (original post here)
40" x 30"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas

In a group of artists with whom I used to meet, there were several who painted basically full-time. From what I could tell, all but one of them were primarily introverted. I think we all enjoyed and benefited from the group because art is a topic that each of us was so deeply interested in. (Side note: I really miss the strong peer review and the resulting growth in my art from that group. I would strongly recommend meeting with a group of artists that can help each other develop!) 

Are you an artist and an introvert? Even if you are, I hope you will seek out other artists and share your gifts and learning with each other. The benefits are well worth the energy spent in 'people-ing'. 

Proverbs 27:17 (AMP) "As iron sharpens iron,
So one man sharpens [and influences] another [through discussion]."

Comments