Beauty II

Beauty II
I have been contemplating the importance of finding just the right 'language' to express what I have to share. I am watching a documentary of the artist Gerhard Richter (a little at a time), and thinking about the philosophy he expresses. I believe that his work is very powerful, and clearly communicates his views and experiences. 

My views, though, my worldview, and my experiences are entirely different from his. I want to use my art to express my worldview, but not in a cliched way. (I make no claim to the skill and experience of this artist!) I am searching and practicing and learning in an attempt to find a way to 'say my piece'. 

Beauty II is a reworking of a recent painting. I love the colors and texture, but thought it needed a bit more work. Some details are included for you to see some of the parts I like so well. (Original blog post about the concept 'Beauty' available here.)


22" x 30" acrylic on watercolor paper



 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I added them to a previous attempt (http://brendakaypaintings.blogspot.com/2014/07/beauty.html) and I think it finishes it well.

      Delete

Post a Comment