Offering

Offering
"Do you think we will be able to be ready if I get up and spend some time in the studio this morning?" I asked my beloved husband on the morning of our Art Show and Open House. I just HAD to paint. I had a painting starting in my head, and it had been way too long since I had a brush in my hand. I headed into the studio, put a big canvas on my easel, and grabbed a favorite dark paint, dioxazine purple, some medium, and a huge palette knife. I knew what I wanted to say, and it was just pure joy getting started! 


30 x 40  acrylic on 1.5" deep gallery wrapped canvas

Click here to purchase on my website. 

2 Samuel 24:24 (NASB) However, the king said to Araunah, “No, but I will surely buy it from you for a price, for I will not offer burnt offerings to the Lord my God which cost me nothing.” So David bought the threshing floor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver.


Matthew 6:19-21 (NASB) “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

My heart was what I wanted to paint. I am not sure how to express it, exactly, except by a couple of verses, and another little drawing that I share from time to time. It is a doll that has torn her heart from her body, and is offering it to the Heavenly Father. It is both offering one of my most significant joys to GOD, and also knowing that my deepest and best treasures are safest in His keeping. That day, I offered my husband and kids who were coming to participate in the open house, my home, my paintings, and my personality, to some extent. It was costly, but it was safe in HIS hands. 

Comments