Where Does My Help Come From?

I did not intend for these to be mountains, but they sure look like them. They bring to mind a touching story, and a Psalm.


3 each 6" x 12"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight watercolor paper
Ready to frame

My dad, Peter Tanis, died unexpectedly in 2000. He was a godly man, very intelligent, and highly respected in general aviation circles. I loved and respected him "to the moon and back". 

When Dad was in the hospital that last week, he was suffering a lot of pain, but even worse, his medication seemed to effect his mind. He was really struggling.

"Coincidentally", I had been memorizing Psalm 121. When things were particularly tough, I could share Scripture with him that was so pertinent to our struggle!

Let me share the first 2 verses with you. 

I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.
Psalms 121:1‭-‬2 ESV

2020 Update: I have joined a Facebook group that is focused on writing out Scripture verses by hand during this 'social distancing' time, and the other day, this was part of the passage that people were writing. It struck me then how significant the entire Psalm felt as an encouragement during these difficult days, and I am glad to refocus my attention on it with this painting. 

Coram Deo.


Comments