Weed or Flower?

Weed or Flower?
Yesterday, my husband's Uncle Clyde died unexpectedly. It reminded me of the way life catches us unaware, and of making sure the important things come before those that are only urgent. So, this afternoon I called Mom. We play games online, and communicate that way sometimes, but it had been over a week since I had called. It is always so good to talk to her! 


12" x 12"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper

Ready to frame

Click here to view or purchase on my website. 

During our conversation, we were both bemoaning our aches and pains, a little bit. I hate to admit it, but, it's the truth. She pointed out that sometimes, those very irritations bring about change for the better, or expose a problem that needs attention. 

This painting represents some 'volunteer' plants that have grown in the planters in our yard. They reminded me of the conversation with Mom, in an odd way. I was thinking about how I may want to quickly uproot the problems - the unexpected things that are coming up in my life - but how that may not be the best plan. It may actually be that GOD is bringing about beauty from those things that I don't want in the planter of my life. It is a lesson that I have learned over and over again, and it seems I still have plenty of room for more learning! 

The verse from the Old Testament that comes to mind with this thought is this.

Isaiah 55:8 - 9 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” declares the Lord.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways
And My thoughts than your thoughts."

Comments