Poignant II

Poignant II
September 2 finds us in another motel room, and I am once again painting with water soluble pencils from a styrafoam cup in poor lighting - but what fun! If I had not been part of Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge, I am pretty sure I would not have gotten up early to paint in these places, but I am glad I have. 

I have decided that while I am painting "on the road", I will paint a few small representational paintings. I want to work on abstracted landscapes, but it is challenging working in an unfamiliar size and with unfamiliar media! I am having to be creative in my problem solving. 

4" x 4" 
water soluble pencil on watercolor paper
Contact me to purchase

Once again, my tiny challenge reminds me of the ENORMOUS challenge faced by my countrymen just to our south - the victims of Hurricane Harvey. They also need to be creative in solving problems, but I would guess there is little enjoyment involved. My prayers are with them, and my donation is on the way. I would encourage you to help out, too. 

As we have traveled, we have seen many trucks, vans with trailers, RVs with trailers, etc. that are loaded to the gills with every imaginable supply. I love seeing people on the way to help others! We also have passed a couple of "break downs" that were loaded, and, sadly, one fairly serious looking accident where a van with a trailer had evidently rolled. There were supplies scattered everywhere, and the van was crumpled. My prayer is that those who had been in the van are safe. That sight reminded me of a passage:

John 15:13 (HCSB) No one has greater love than this, that someone would lay down his life for his friends.


Comments