In the Beginning

In the Beginning
Sometimes I try to imagine what our universe looks like from beyond. Or at least, how our solar system and our planet might seem from outside. I am pretty sure our perspective - our view of ourselves - is severely warped! I could go into some of the things I think about, like how reality is perceived (are there only 5 senses?), but it would get pretty weird!

Sold
10" x 10"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on hand-made, prepared cradled wood panel

I actually love thinking "big thoughts" that are way beyond my limitations. In a way, abstract painting is an expression of big thoughts to me. I try to paint what cannot be seen with sight. Once in a while, I start to get close to what I wish I could say. 

This painting started out in an entirely different direction, but only until I had the first layer down. Then I immediately was pulled in and wanted to work with what was happening in front of my eyes. I absolutely loved the way the color was starting to present itself with each succeeding layer. 

The painting definitely brought to mind the enormous feeling in my chest this morning when I read a verse in the New Testament book of Acts. I cannot put into words my response to Peter's description of Jesus here.

Acts 5:31 He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

And I couldn't help but think about John describing Him in the beginning of the Gospel of John. I mean, isn't this huge?

John 1:1-5 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Comments