Poignant I

Today, I am posting my first blog for the September 2017 30 paintings in 30 days challenge from the car as we hurtle down the highway. We left our home last night and are headed to Texas where we will help our son make his new apartment a home. So this morning, in our motel room, I grabbed paper and water soluble colored pencils to do a quick painting for the challenge. Not my normal style, obviously, but I do love an abstract landscape!
SOLD

4" x 4"
Water soluble colored pencil on watercolor paper
Contact me to purchase
It really strikes me that as we left our home to help our son make his new home, there are so many people in Houston who have lost their homes. I am heartbroken for those people.
All of this reminds me of a passage I read the other morning in the Book of John. John 14:1-3 talks about the home that Jesus is preparing for those that follow him, and it's so beautiful!
"Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me.  In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also."
John 14:1‭-‬3 ESV

Comments