Tag-along

Tag-along
This morning on the treadmill I finished a book that I really enjoyed. It was a who-done-it by Josephine Tey called the Singing Sands. She has a style of writing that makes me occasionally laugh out loud, and I find I did not completely solve the mystery before the end of the book. I have not really been a fan of mysteries before, though I do love reading the Father Brown books by G. K. Chesterton (along with any other writing by him, I have to say!) I have also recently begun reading some other authors that are newer to me based on the recommendations of my friend, Emma Lou.

Though I have loved to read for as long as I can remember, I still have to give myself excuses for sitting still and reading! Especially novels. But even non-fiction books that are important to my painting or to my spiritual life can feel like a guilty pleasure sometimes. Is that the case for you, too? So I have come late to the party of people who read on the treadmill. Ha ha! I have enjoyed videos or TV before while walking, but reading is a new treat. (Of course, walking outside is my favorite, but we have had water over the trail to our woods all year this year, and so I have missed out on my time out there. Rats!)


6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on hand-made, prepared wood panel

Today really feels like autumn is here. We will be taking family members to their “snowbird flight” later, and the temperature has cooled to what we expect around here when leaves are changing. The sunsets and sunrises have been spectacular, and the green, yellow and brown fields are the parade marshals for the colors yet to come in the trees. And in case you have been following my blog for the last few days, GOD has started meeting those needs I spoke of yesterday – already! He is just amazing!

So this painting for today is kind of a tag-along companion to yesterday’s painting. I love the colors, and it almost seems to glow. As I am ‘reading’ the colors and temperatures of the coming autumn, I am also reading the (so sad) end of the 30 painting in 30 days challenge. It has been such a pleasure to participate! If you haven’t tried committing to something you love for 30 days, you definitely should! I learn a lot and develop new patterns, and I highly recommend it.

Comments

  1. I download books to a tablet to read on the treadmill and the stationary bike at the gym. They are easier to read that way, no need to hold flat somehow. Yes it's hard for me to give myself permission to sit and read and then there's always the choice of reading or painting. So, I read on airplanes and on car trips.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment