I Would See Jesus

I Would See Jesus
This morning in church, I was really having a tough time paying attention. I mean, I was distracted by decor, other people in attendance, the music ... I just could not turn my mind and heart upward. So I started praying about that. I really long to focus on and be still in the presence of my Heavenly Father, especially on Sunday mornings. 

The focus in this painting is a vertical composition, and I wanted it to be obviously layer upon layer. I used a lot more paint colors than I usually do, and it kept me paying attention in order to try to develop a painting that was cohesive. 

11" x 14"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on gallery wrapped, deep canvas


I am not sure that my focus was completely better this morning, but I pray for renewed eyes, and a renewed heart for my Father! It reminds me of the verses in John when some strangers want to meet Jesus. They say to one of His disciples,
"... Sir, we wish to see Jesus." John 12:21

Comments