Legacy

Legacy
My dad had what he called “Lake Fever”. Almost every trip in the car or vacation we went on ended up near a lake. For many years, all five of us would pile into Dad’s small plane and we would fly to a park or a town with a lake nearby.

Today is the day Dad would have turned 81. I cannot imagine him at that age, of course. Dad worked and flew until he was taken to the hospital right before he died. He was intensely involved in aviation, and intensely in love with my mom. And more significantly, he was intensely a follower of Jesus Christ.

NLA
9" x 12"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on canvas panel
Ready to frame

I am so thankful for my dad. The most significant things in my life are things that he lived, and I picked up through his example. I learned to fly, and to see the clouds as playgrounds that are unadulterated by human interference. I learned what a loving family and home life looks like. And most significantly, I learned to be a follower of Jesus Christ.

Dad’s favorite color was green. This painting reminds me a little bit of flying over a landscape of green and yellow fields, and lakes. I miss Dad, even though he has been gone for 17 years. But I love the legacy he left in our family. Dad’s favorite verse, as I remember it was this.

John 3:30 Amplified Bible “He must increase [in prominence], but I must decrease.” 

Amen. 

Comments