Heart to Heart

Heart to Heart
"I will be home about 2:00. Can we be ready to go by then?" My husband and I are delivering a painting of mine to an Abstract Exhibit that I was juried into - and I am so excited about it! It is a couple of hours from our home, so we will leave and try our first Airbnb stay in the area near the exhibit. What a weekend!

So I have painted early, and am attempting to get my blog ready to go. 


 9 x 12 acrylic on canvas panel

In my quiet time yesterday, I read in 1 Kings 8 - 9. I was especially struck with these three verses:
1 Kings 8:57 (New American Standard Bible) "May the Lord our God be with us, as He was with our fathers; may He not leave us or forsake us, 58 that He may incline our hearts to Himself, to walk in all His ways and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His ordinances, which He commanded our fathers."

I Kings 8:61 "Let your heart therefore be wholly devoted to the Lord our God, to walk in His statutes and to keep His commandments, as at this day.”


I Kings 9:3 The Lord said to him, “I have heard your prayer and your supplication, which you have made before Me; I have consecrated this house which you have built by putting My name there forever, and My eyes and My heart will be there perpetually."

My heart is to be inclined to HIM, and HIS heart is perpetually inclined to me. Incredible!

Comments

Post a Comment