Jacinth

Jacinth
This morning I got up and got dressed in my painting clothes - orange t-shirt, (I look sickly in orange), black knit pants (WITH pockets) and mismatched socks (obviously). We got home very late last night after celebrating my daughter's birthday in Michigan, and so I was a bit foggy and sluggish to start out. Suddenly I realized that I had a deadline to meet - art to deliver to a contest/exhibition that is an hour away. I usually try to be a bit organized, but... I am becoming more and more creative, and less and less organized. (That's what I keep telling myself. Age has nothing to do with it.) 

SO, I changed into a different 'artist costume', the looking decent if a bit creative in public costume, and ventured out to find this new-to-me locale. I have discovered that it would be a great idea to visit these places before I decide which pieces to enter, because sometimes my preconceived notions of what is 'good art' to them are completely mistaken! Thankfully, the venue was very easy to find. 

Part of piece called Foundation Stones
6" x 6" acrylic on canvas panel 
ready to frame 

In the New Testament, the jacinth is listed as a foundation stone in the New Jerusalem - a new locale to me. The Bible also tells me that Jesus has already provided for my new apparel for that new location by dying to pay the price for my rebellion - my sin. HE has shown me the path to join HIM in this beautiful new place, and my preconceived ideas of HIM and the mansion HE has prepared for all who love him are irrelevant. Through HIM, this new venue is very easy to find.  



John 14:1-6  “Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 3 If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And you know the way where I am going.” 5 Thomas *said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?” 6 Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Revelation 21:19-21 (New American Standard Bible) 19 The foundation stones of the city wall were adorned with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation stone was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, chalcedony; the fourth, emerald; 20 the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, topaz; the tenth, chrysoprase; the eleventh, jacinth; the twelfth, amethyst. 21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; each one of the gates was a single pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.

Reference image for jacinth - sometimes thought to be amethyst

Comments