Emerald

Emerald
"I am meeting you before the Artist Forum meeting at 5:15 at TSR, right?" texted my husband. Boy, I have been falling so far behind the last few days! "Yes? I think, yes," I texted back.  I am glad he reminded me. We meet for supper on Forum nights, and I love it! My plan is to paint ahead for the next few days when we will be gone, as so many of the artists in the 30 in 30 challenge seem to be able to do. I want to keep up!

Getting down to business today with this Emerald painting, I plan to finish all of the stones that are listed in the priests' clothing so that they can be displayed together. (I am hoping that enough of them turn out well to use them when I have my solo exhibit in December! And of course, if I sell too many of them, I will have to paint more - rats anyway! *wink*)

Part of piece called Foundation Stones
6" x 6" acrylic on canvas panel 
ready to frame
 

Thinking of the stones in the ephod of the priest, and also the stones mentioned in Revelation that are the foundation of the New Jerusalem, I decided to paint today's stone in a grid design. Finding ways to express gemstones in a creative, semi-abstract way has been such a fun challenge! I am also adding more gold to many of the paintings, since in the passages I am working from the stones are often set in gold. 

Reference photo for emerald

Exodus 28:17-20 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)
"Place a setting of gemstones on it, four rows of stones:
The first row should be
a row of carnelian, topaz, and emerald;
18 the second row,
a turquoise, a sapphire, and a diamond;
19 the third row,
a jacinth, an agate, and an amethyst;
20 and the fourth row,
a beryl, an onyx, and a jasper.
They should be adorned with gold filigree in their settings."

Comments