Diamond

Diamond
"Diamonds are made of carbon - the most common substance on earth - formed deep within the earth under extreme heat and pressure." I have done a lot of study, looking at raw and cut stones, reading Scripture passages, and looking at miscellaneous websites as I have been studying my theme for the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. I actually love the research part of painting. (Yes, even though I paint abstracts, I study a LOT!) 

Part of piece called Over His Heart
6" x 6" acrylic on canvas panel 
ready to frame
 

Most of the Scripture passages I have used in this series of 'Gem Stones Mentioned in the Bible' have been primarily descriptive. I found, to my surprise, that the diamond isn't mentioned all that often, and one of the places I found it referred to using the diamond as a tool. It also mentions the natural, deceived and sinful condition of the human heart. Ouch. Something so pure, beautiful, and hard is used to carve on the hard heart. I definitely want to have a soft heart!

Jeremiah 17:1 (New American Standard Bible)
"The sin of Judah is written down with an iron stylus;
With a diamond point it is engraved upon the tablet of their heart
And on the horns of their altars"

Comments