Gold II

Gold II
"What shall we pray about this morning?" my husband asked, as he does almost every morning. We get up a little extra early each day to spend time together on the couch, drinking coffee, comparing calendars, waking up (!), and praying. It is our favorite time of the day. It is worth the getting up early (5:30 - not early to some!) even though I seldom am ready to get moving at that time of day!

Today, during our time together, I suddenly knew WHICH painting I would do, and HOW I wanted to do it. I practically 'saw' Gold II in my head, and could hardly wait to get to the studio. 

SOLD
6" x 6" acrylic on canvas panel 
ready to frame 
 

I did a quick internet search, and found 426 uses of the word gold in the New American Standard Bible. 426! The first appearance is in the second chapter of the Old Testament, and the last is in the second to last chapter of the New Testament. This actually really surprised me. I am not sure I actually understand the significance of gold... 

Gold reminds me of heaven (Revelation 21) and of the temple and worship (II Chronicles 4) and of a measure of value (all through the Bible). 

Job 23:9-11 (New American Standard Bible)
9 When He acts on the left, I cannot behold Him;
He turns on the right, I cannot see Him.
10 “But He knows the way I take;
When He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold.
11 “My foot has held fast to His path;
I have kept His way and not turned aside.

Be sure to visit the other artists participating in the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge and my website for my challenge paintings

Reference photo for gold

Comments