Orange You Glad?

Orange You Glad?
"I want to go to Ireland for two months, and I want your opinion as to whether it is a good idea or not," she told us. My mouth said, "That sounds like a fun trip and it is exactly the kind of thing you are passionate about. If GOD provides, I think it will be a great idea." I am not at all sure that my heart is agreeing with my mouth, though. 

My daughter has been a globetrotter for most of her life, and she has a strong interest in supporting those who are called to be missionaries in other cultures. This trip is exactly that kind of trip, and her circumstances fell into place and support came in abundantly. I am sure that GOD has her held securely in HIS hands, and that HE will not forget about her and let her go. But my mother's heart is not so sure about her going overseas again... 

SOLD
24" x 24" acrylic on wood panel 
ready to frame

Click here to view on my website.
 
This painting is another that fits into the recent series that focuses on GOD being in control when I feel like things are out of control. Once again, the under-layers that show through are significant. I actually started this work with a structure that I found very pleasing - darks painted in a pattern that I thought made a good foundation for a strong composition. As I began to build on my own structure, though, nothing was working. I took all of my colors from my palette, and followed my son's suggestion; "Why don't you paint your frustration and discouragement?" It looked awful. 

But then as I read my Bible one morning and prayed about my emotional struggles, the idea for this painting began to take shape in my mind, so I went to the studio and covered up almost everything from my bad beginnings. I actually really like this work now. It is not at all what I started aiming for, but is much better. 

I am glad that my Heavenly Father will work all these details, emotions, and seeming chaos into HIS own beautiful work of art. 

Isaiah 55:8-9 New American Standard Bible
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” declares the Lord.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways
And My thoughts than your thoughts."

Comments