Another Topaz

Another Topaz
"Welp, there is always tomorrow," I texted my family as I sent them yesterday's painting. My beloved husband replied, "Yep. And the next day and the next and the next and the next and the next... " Well, you get the picture. 

I think most artists are VERY aware that every painting will not be a masterpiece, and that is part of what makes this 30 in 30 challenge, um, exciting, we will say. So anyway, I chose to paint the same stone again today, but in a different way. (By the way, I also redid yesterday's painting, and you can see the update here.) 

NA
6" x 6" acrylic on canvas panel 
ready to frame

The topaz is one of the stones mentioned in Exodus where GOD gives instructions for the beautiful garments to be worn by the priests. The high priest had a special garment with stones on it, and I have always thought that the stone covered cloth would be a treat to see! I have worked before at learning about each stone, and I will keep learning as I paint this theme about the stones and gems that are mentioned in the Bible. Here is part of the description of the garment:

Exodus 28:15ff  (English Standard Version) “You shall make a breastpiece of judgment, in skilled work. In the style of the ephod you shall make it—of gold, blue and purple and scarlet yarns, and fine twined linen shall you make it. 16 It shall be square and doubled, a span its length and a span its breadth. 17 You shall set in it four rows of stones. A row of sardius, topaz, and carbuncle shall be the first row;

Doesn't that sound spectacular? 

Comments