Whatever My Lot

Whatever My Lot
Another artist in the 30 in 30 challenge posted a painting today that I thought seemed to tie in with mine, and she chose words to a hymn as part of her design. I am thinking of a different hymn, but it is a good tie in for me. 

When peace like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,

It is well, it is well, with my soul.

SOLD

10 x 10 acrylic on watercolor paper

The mirage house appears to approach the edge, and maybe even slide off the work. The colors run and fade in and out of each other and it is unclear whether this is intended as a scenic representation or a dreamscape. The overall effect is unsettling and maybe unfinished looking. All of these things are intentional and seek to express something that I don't have the words for. 

Yet, it is well with my soul. 

Comments