the Follower

the Follower triptych
"I guess this one isn't communicating with me like some of them do," my son said. He is a great critic for me. Even though he is not usually fond of abstract art, he is surprisingly good at picking out the strengths and weaknesses of my work.

To tell the truth, though, I think part of the reason he had trouble getting the most out of this triptych is that I cannot put the meaning of it into words. And sometimes when I don't have the words in mind, it is obvious in my paintings. 


3 each 6" x 6" acrylic on watercolor paper


Click here to view or purchase on my website. 

I am the Follower. I am following the Cloud and the Pillar of Fire through the wilderness. It is not always clear to me where I am going, but I know that my Leader is taking me in the right direction. 




Exodus 13:21-22 "The Lord was going before them in a pillar of cloud by day to lead them on the way, and in a pillar of fire by night to give them light, that they might travel by day and by night. He did not take away the pillar of cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people."


Comments