Water From the Rock

Water From the Rock
"Water from the Rock is what I needed;
Water from which no one is denied..."
The old tune is playing in my head as I type. It was a vinyl record album that my parents had when I was pretty young, and I think it may have been one of my Mom's favorites. 


10 x 10 acrylic on watercolor paper



Some days, I just feel the need to play with my paint. And some days, I would LOVE to be on a beach somewhere... I started playing with this painting yesterday, and was surprised by the way my reading tied in. 

Exodus 17:1-6 (New American Standard Bible)
... and there was no water for the people to drink. Therefore the people quarreled with Moses and said, “Give us water that we may drink.” And Moses said to them, “Why do you quarrel with me? Why do you test the Lord?” ... So Moses cried out to the Lord, saying, “What shall I do to this people? A little more and they will stone me.” Then the Lord said to Moses, “Pass before the people and take with you some of the elders of Israel; and take in your hand your staff with which you struck the Nile, and go. Behold, I will stand before you there on the rock at Horeb; and you shall strike the rock, and water will come out of it, that the people may drink.” And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel. 

Comments