Go Forward

Go Forward
Loaded with iridescence and color, this painting hints of so much unseen ahead. Maybe good, or maybe bad, but definitely outside my comfort zone! I just cannot see through the 'wilderness' there...

10 x 10 acrylic on watercolor paper

Though this passage references the escaping slaves between the rocky cliffs and the ocean, yet they were coming through the wilderness and could not imagine a way of rescue. God said, "Stop whining, and get moving" (Brenda version). This really resonated with me today as I read my Bible. I really love that HE will fight while I keep silent. HE never shoots friendlies, and HE is always victorious. 

Exodus 14:13-15 (New American Standard Bible) But Moses said to the people, “Do not fear! Stand by and see the salvation of the Lord which He will accomplish for you today; for the Egyptians whom you have seen today, you will never see them again forever. The Lord will fight for you while you keep silent.” Then the Lord said to Moses, “Why are you crying out to Me? Tell the sons of Israel to go forward. 

Comments