Sometimes

Sometimes
"Did you have a good visit with your friend?" 
"No."

That had to be the most surprising thing I had heard in - well - years, maybe. My family is populated with extroverts, to varying degrees, except for me. They all love meeting and being with people. (I love people, too, but am quickly drained by being 'out and about'.)  So this was startling to me, to say the least!

I have been sidetracked by what the implications of that visit will be. Is it time to change course, or do we steer straight through? Do we turn around and go back? Do we just sit out here in the churning waters and wait? 

SOLD
10 x 10 acrylic on watercolor paper


My painting has a lot of texture, (as I love to do!) and the main colors are opposite one another on a color wheel, which can show conflict or competition. At the same time, before I added the disturbance - the white - the painting was smooth, linear, and calming, even with the use of orange and blue complements. Wanting to indicate more upheaval, I added the motion of the white, and the splashes. I feel they make the painting more captivating, and maybe more appealing. 

Is life more appealing, and more beautiful when the Creator of my soul allows turmoil and disruption? I hope so. I believe so. At least, I know HE will use it to bring glory and beauty. 

Romans 8:28-29 (New American Standard Bible)

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren

Comments

  1. I love the texture, too, and the blue and orange compliments. The white adds great excitement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janet! I am watching your collages on the challenge site, too. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment