Passing Through

Passing Through
"How's your dad?" I asked. 
"He is weaker... he cannot do the things he wants to do. He wants to finish well," was the answer. It is heartbreaking to me to see the struggles of this dear man and his family. He wants to finish well, and honestly, I cannot imagine him missing that mark. He is one of the most Christlike men I have ever met.
I have been painting this abstract for several days, actually, and it has been partly inspired by deep water right before a spillway or dam. There are shapes and sediment deep in the water, currents flowing fast mid-depth, and debris on the top that might distract the eye from seeing the beauty - the whole picture - that is right before one's eyes. Like life, right? So much like life. 

SOLD
10 x 10 acrylic on watercolor paper, mounted on cradled panel
ready to hang or frame


Here is the Scripture that has been on my mind concerning this painting: 

Isaiah 43:1-7 (New American Standard Bible)
But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob,
And He who formed you, O Israel,
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name; you are Mine!
“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they will not overflow you...
“Since you are precious in My sight,
Since you are honored and I love you...
Everyone who is called by My name,
And whom I have created for My glory,
Whom I have formed, even whom I have made.”

Comments