1956 Cadillac Sedan DeVille Hood Ornament

1956 Cadillac Sedan DeVille Hood Ornament
The second of my paintings of my husband's hood ornament collection, the 1956 Caddy has drawn the question, "Was it in a green setting, or is that just a color choice?" Well, I guess I should be flattered. (smile) I am actively pursuing a representation that is NOT realism... but I am glad it is recognizable enough that they ask about it. 

I am excited about the idea of a set of four of these paintings in the same palette - four of my favorite hood ornaments - to be displayed together. I think it will look very cool! 

10 x 10 acrylic on watercolor paper,
mounted on cradled panel




“By a curious confusion, many modern critics have passed from the proposition that a masterpiece may be unpopular to the other proposition that unless it is unpopular it cannot be a masterpiece.” – On Detective Novels, Generally Speaking; G. K. Chesterton

Comments