True Colors

True Colors
This 30 in 30 challenge is a great time to learn new techniques, and practice some that are less familiar. Most of this painting is covered using 'paint skins' - the acrylic paint that has been peeled off of my plastic coated painting surface. The skins are then attached to the gessoed watercolor paper using gel medium, making the surface shiny. 

My favorite part of working with paint skins is discovering the back side - the hidden part. Often, because different colors have been added on top, the back side of the skin is extraordinarily beautiful. Hmmm... could it be that the more trials and challenges that GOD allows to be 'piled on' me, the more beautiful I will become - particularly in HIS eyes? Yes! 

James 1:2-4 (The Message) Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.

11" x 14" acrylic on watercolor paper
ready to frame


Comments

  1. Great idea, I've used the skins in my collages but I haven't made a whole painting from them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment