Laodicea

Laodicea
This painting has so much paint on the surface! I wanted each area to have depth and interest, and I wanted the colors to carry through the entire work. There is some sgraffito here and there, and much of the underpainting shows through. 

My daily Bible reading has taken me to Revelation, and in my reading, I came to a very familiar verse. Though this verse is often used in other ways, I was so struck with my Savior, knocking, wanting to spend time with ME! How amazing! I want the clutter and wealth of daily life to be kept from coming between Him and me. I want my door to be open wide to Him!

Revelation 3:20 (New American Standard Bible) Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

NA
 

Comments