Revelation III

Revelation III
Today is the last day of the challenge! I wonder how many of the 1,400 artists' blogs started with the same sentence... I didn't even start at the beginning, and I take weekends off, but I am still a bit relieved to be at the end. Relieved, but also thankful for the accountability and learning that takes place during these events - thanks to the generosity of blogger and artist Leslie Saeta!

This painting came to mind today as I read in my New Testament. In fact, the value sketch is in my journal that I write in daily! That is a rare occurrence, since I primarily just write there. I was reading about a war between good (GOD) and evil, and some of the difficult things that will come to pass. If you wish to learn more, I would encourage you to read the book of Revelation, chapter 12. This book is heavily symbolic, and I find it difficult to understand, but it has kept me thinking and painting! 

Revelation 12:10-11 (New American Standard Bible)
Then I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren has been thrown down, he who accuses them before our God day and night. And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death."


THIS PAINTING IS SOLD
11" x 14" on watercolor paper
iridescent accents
ready to frame
 

Comments